Saturday, January 14, 2012

Valentine Paper Heart Chain DIY

We finally took down the Christmas tree yesterday and the house looked so bare.
(if you look close you can see the Christmas tree on the back porch in these photos haha
and in the last one the wind blow the tree over haha)
heart valentine paper chain DIY
Eli and I decided to make Valentine's Day decorations :)
Saw this paper chain project and thought I'd give it a try!
It's a bit tricky for little ones (eli's 7 and it was difficult for him)
You have to hold 4 pieces of paper in place while stapling - I think it requires adult coordination. 
Valentine Paper Heart Chain DIY
You just need paper, scissors (or a cutter), and a stapler with a ton of staples ha! 
This would even be great for Christmas as garland on the tree! Need to remember that for next year! 
paper heart chains in window for valentines day
So we chained a bunch and hung them in our back window! Turned out really pretty! 
If you make some, send me the link I'd love to see yours! 
Pin It

19 comments:

Megan said...

These are so cute! I've got tons of paper around the house so I'll definitely have to make these with Dallas.

Felicia said...

I'm now inspired to take my christmas tree down! These might be a little girly for my boyfriend's tastes, but he'll have to deal with that or having the tree up until february, ha!

Claire said...

I love this!
Great idea!

knitxcore. said...

CUTEEEEEE! i love it.

lindsay harmony said...

This is so adorable! Definitely adding this to my to-do list! <3

Velma said...

I love how its hanging by the window/back door :) lovely!

Renee said...

I am definitely going to try this! Thanks for sharing.

Drea said...

These are adorable! I don't usually decorate for valentine's, but this is kind of making me want to start. :)

katiebug92 said...

This is so cute!! I featured it on my blog, here: http://punkprojects.blogspot.com/2012/01/make-it-monday_16.html

-Katie

Key Tags said...

simple but cute! I might decorate like this on valentines day.

Lost Cabin Vintage said...

Becky, this is sooooo good! I love it. I want to make these and hang them all around my house!
Toni xo

blytheponytailparades said...

Uh, yeah. I am making this this weekend. SO flippin awesome!

Kristin said...

Tried it out with the kids today. Not sure if you will be able to see the pic, but they hung them from the light fixture over the dining room table. Very cute, tomorrow we will go longer. :) Thank you for posting!
Kristin https://twitter.com/#!/waterclosetsoap/status/160167206028705792/photo/1

Caz said...

I love this, may just have ago at these x

Amy Delmanto said...

Congratulations! Your post was featured on my blog! You can check it out and grab your "I've been featured" button at

http://bestlifemistake.blogspot.com/2014/01/valentines-day-fun.html

Thanks,
Amy@Some of the Best Things in Life are Mistakes

Lee @ LadyLeesHome.com said...

Awesome! Going to do this with my girl for Valentine day. Thanks.

Chelsea Shoemaker said...

These are adorable! I just made some for my classroom to decorate for Valentine's Day. Will try and post a photo. :)

Ashlyine Brooke said...

Thanks to share these details it’s truly nice.
is bubblegum casting legitimate

John Dudley said...

For additional specifics, connect with diode laser hair removal delhi or Laser Hair Removal